Ancient India was home to two of the world’s first cities, Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro. These cities had stone buildings, multiply stories, and sewage systems! India was one of the very first civilizations to use algebra and calculus. The number zero was invented in Ancient India by a man named Aryabhatta.
What were 3 important Indian achievements?
Indian achievements were not limited to art, architecture, and literature. Indian scholars also made important advances in metalworking, math, and the sciences. of working with metals. Their knowledge allowed them to create high-quality tools and weapons.
What are India’s achievements?
- India launches 2011 biometric census, the largest census in the world, 2010.
- Longest rail (4286 km) of India, Vivek Express, is flagged off, 2011.
- Launched India’s first Intercontinental Ballistic Missile, Agni V, 2012.
- Launched INS Vikrant, the first aircraft carrier built in India, 2013.
What ancient India gave to world?
20 Important Gifts India Gave The World
- India gave the world its first university – Takshashila University. …
- India gave the world the numeral, Zero. …
- The game of C hess originated in India. …
- Indians were the first ones to use and invent buttons. …
- Shampoo originated from India. …
- India gave the c ure for Leprosy.
What is your greatest achievement answer?
Example Answer for Your Greatest Achievement or Accomplishment (Entry-Level): My greatest professional achievement was completing my Bachelor’s degree in 4 years with a 3.8 GPA. I had no financial support from my family and had to work a full-time job while pursuing my Economics degree.
Why is ancient India important?
A significant attribute of ancient Indian culture has been the commingling of cultural elements from the north and south, and from the east and west. Ancient India also saw the birth of Brahmanism or Hinduism, Jainism, and Buddhism, but all these cultures and religions intermingled and interacted.
What was ancient India’s economy?
Indian economy and trade
India always made money from trade, because India is between China and West Asia and Europe. From the Harappan period on, Indian people were selling gold to West Asia, using their carefully made weights to weigh the gold out.
What are the biggest accomplishments of India in the last 20 years?
RECAP: Some Of India’s Greatest Achievements In The Last Decade That Made Us Proud
- 2014 – Polio Eradication. …
- 2013 – Launch of Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) or Mangalyaan. …
- 2012 – Western Ghats Designated as World Heritage Site by UNESCO. …
- 2011 – Anna Hazare’s anti corruption movement.
What is India known for?
31 Amazing Things – India Is Famous For
- Largest Democracy in The World. …
- Highest Number of Official Languages. …
- World’s Largest Postal Network. …
- Statue of Unity. …
- World’s Highest Cricket Ground. …
- Invention of Chess. …
- Yoga Originated in India. …
- The Most Number of Tigers.
How did civilization develop in ancient India?
The geography of India directly influenced the peoples’ lives and cultures developed in early Indian civilization. … Gain an understanding of Hinduism’s origin, including Hindu beliefs, the Indus River Valley and Harappa culture’s influence, sects, and Hinduism’s central belief of Brahman.
Who invented 0 in India?
History of Math and Zero in India
The first modern equivalent of numeral zero comes from a Hindu astronomer and mathematician Brahmagupta in 628. His symbol to depict the numeral was a dot underneath a number.
What achievements did India make in the field of medicine?
- Eradication of Small pox, Guinea worm and Polio.
- Elimination of Leprosy and Yaws.
- Containment of diseases like Avian Influenza, H 1 N1, CCHF, Plague, Leptospirosis.
- Cholera, widely prevalent was brought under control through focused action.