Who runs the Election Commission?
Federal Election Commission
|Annual budget||$79,100,000 USD (FY 2017)|
|Agency executives||Shana M. Broussard, Chair Allen Dickerson, Vice Chair|
|Key document||Federal Election Campaign Act Amendments of 1974 ( Pub.L. 93–443 88 Stat. 1263)|
Who is the head of ECI?
Shri Anup Chandra Pandey today assumed charge as the new Election Commissioner (EC) of India. Shri Pandey joins the Election Commission of India as second Election Commissioner in a three- member body headed by Chief Election Commissioner Shri Sushil Chandra and Election Commissioner Shri Rajiv Kumar.
Why is Election Commission independent?
Election Commission is independent and has a wide-range of powers which are: … EC takes decisions on every aspect of conduct and control of elections from the announcement of elections to the declaration of results. 2. It implements the Code of Conduct and punishes any candidate or party that violates it.
Who is first Election Commissioner of India?
Former Chief Election Commissioner
|1. Sukumar Sen 21 March 1950 to 19 December 1958||2. KVK Sundaram 20 December 1958 to 30 September 1967|
|6.SL Shakdhar 18 June 1977 to 17 June 1982||7. RK Trivedi 18 June 1982 to 31 December 1985|
|11. Dr. MS Gill 12 December 1996 to 13 June 2001||12. Mr. J.M. Lyngdoh 14 June 2001 to 7 Feb 2004|
Who are the members of election commission?
- Shri Sushil Chandra. February 19, 2019. ECI. Chief Election Commissioner. Shri Sushil Chandra assumed office as the 24th Chief Election Commissioner of India on 13th April 2021. …
- Shri Rajiv Kumar. September 1, 2020. ECI. Election Commissioner. Sh. …
- Shri Anup Chandra Pandey. June 9. ECI. Election Commissioner.
Article I, Section 4, Clause 1: The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.
Who are the members of Election Commission of India?
- HON’BLE COMMISSION. Sh. Sushil Chandra. Chief Election Commissioner. Sh. Rajiv Kumar. Election Commissioner. Sh. Anup Chandra Pandey. Election Commissioner.
- Epicometer. View download statistics.
Who appoints state election commission?
(a) The State Election Commissioner shall be appointed by the Governor for a term of 4 years and confirmed by a majority of the members elected to the Senate. Until such appointment and confirmation the State Auditor shall serve as the State Election Commissioner without additional compensation.
What is the role of Election Commission?
The Election Commission of India is an autonomous constitutional authority responsible for administering Union and State election processes in India. The body administers elections to the Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, State Legislative Assemblies in India, and the offices of the President and Vice President in the country.
How can I file a complaint in Election Commission of India?
- Address: Nirvachan Sadan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi 110001.
- EPABX: 23052205 – 10, 23052212 – 18, 23052146, 23052148, 23052150.
- Email: complaints[at]eci[dot]gov[dot]in.
- Faxline: 23052219, 23052162/63/19/45.
- Control Room: 23052220, 23052221.
What is the composition of Election Commission of India?
What is the present composition of the Election Commission? At present, the Election Commission of India is a three-member body, with one Chief Election Commissioner and two Election Commissioners.