When calling an Indian phone number, the country code of +91 needs to entered, followed by the Indian area code and a local (or mobile) number in order to complete the call. If calling from a landline, replace the + sign with 0011 followed by 91 (Indian country code) and then the Indian area code and local number.
How do I call a mobile number in India?
For calling India you will dial 91. Then dial the destination phone number: For a landline, dial the STD Code (without the 0) + the phone number. For Mobile phone, dial the entire 10-digit number.
How do I dial out of country to India?
To call India from the U.S., just follow these simple dialing directions:
- First dial 011, the U.S. exit code.
- Next dial 91, the country code for India.
- Then dial the area code (2–4 digits — please see a sample calling code list below) and finally the phone number (area code plus phone number equals 10 digits).
How can I call India Mobile from USA?
How to Call India from the U.S.
- First, dial 011 to exit the U.S. phone system.
- Then dial 91, India’s country code.
- Then dial the area code, which can be 2 to 4 digits.
- Finally, dial the local phone number, which is between 6 and 8 digits.
How can I call India from USA for free?
How to call an India toll free number from the USA
- First, dial the US exit code 011.
- Then, dial the Indian country code 91.
- Next, dial the 3-digit toll-free number. Usually it is 800.
- Finally, dial the rest of the telephone number to be connected.
How can I add Indian number in Whatsapp?
How to add an international phone number
- Open your phone’s address book.
- When adding the contact’s phone number, start by entering a plus sign (+).
- Enter the country code, followed by the full phone number.
How do I call an Indian mobile number from the UK?
To call India from United Kingdom, dial: 00 – 91 – Area Code – Land Phone Number 00 – 91 – 10 Digit Mobile Number
- 00 – Exit code for United Kingdom, and is needed for making any international call from United Kingdom.
- 91 – ISD Code or Country Code of India.
- Area code – There are 2643 area codes in India.
How do I dial a 1800 number from US to India?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on dialing India toll-free numbers when you’re calling from the US:
- Dial 011 on your device. …
- Dial 91 which is the country code for India.
- Dial the three-digit code that precedes the toll-free number (i.e. 800, 888, 877). …
- Dial the rest of the Indian toll-free number you are trying to reach.
What do Indian mobile numbers start with?
In India, mobile numbers (including pagers) on GSM, WCDMA, and LTE networks start with either 9, 8, 7 or 6.
How many digits are there in an Indian phone number?
India’s telephone numbers are made up of eight numbers split into groups of four. So if you’re going to make a call to India using a mobile phone, you should dial country code+area code+eight-digit number. Some of the common area codes in India include Bangalore (80), Delhi (11) and Mumbai (22).
What is the exit code for India?
Country and exit code guide
|Country||Country code (to call in)||Exit code (to call out)|
|Indonesia||62||001, 008 – Indosat 007 – Telkom 009 – Bakrie Telecom|