The Eighth Schedule of the Constitution consists of the following 22 languages –Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Bodo, Santhali, Maithili and Dogri.
How many languages are most spoken in India?
10 Most Spoken Languages in India by Number of Speakers
- Hindi – 52.83 crore speakers. …
- Bengali – 9.72 crore speakers. …
- Marathi – 8.30 crore speakers. …
- Telugu – 8.11 crore speakers. …
- Tamil – 6.90 crore speakers. …
- Gujarati – 5.54 crore speakers. …
- Urdu – 5.07 crore speakers. …
- Kannada – 4.37 crore speakers.
How many languages are still spoken today?
Well, roughly 6,500 languages are spoken in the world today. Each and every one of them make the world a diverse and beautiful place. Sadly, some of these languages are less widely spoken than others. Take Busuu, for example – we’re named after a language spoken by only eight people.
What are the top 5 languages spoken in India?
What Languages Are Spoken In India?
How many languages are there in India 2020?
As of today, the Indian constitution recognizes 22 major languages of India in what is known as “the 8th Schedule” of the Constitution.
How many languages are spoken in India more than 600?
Answer: More than 19,500 languages or dialects are spoken in India as mother tongues, according to the latest analysis of a census released this week.
Is English widely spoken in India?
It is both the most widely spoken first as well as second language in India, while English is just the 44th most widely spoken first language even though it is the second-most widely spoken second language. … There is a clear class element at work—41% of the rich could speak English as against less than 2% of the poor.
Which is best language in India?
Top 10 Most Popular Indian Languages
- Hindi. Hindi is officially the most popular language spoken across India. …
- Bengali. The second most widely spoken language after Hindi is none other than Bengali which is said to be spoken by approximately 8% of the entire population. …
Which is the toughest language in India?
Google admits Malayalam(official language of Kerala State) to be the toughest language in India. It is both difficult to learn and speak as compared to any other language in India. It might be the second toughest language in the world after Chinese. It belongs to the dravidian family.
What is the hardest language to learn?
As mentioned before, Mandarin is unanimously considered the toughest language to master in the world! Spoken by over a billion people in the world, the language can be extremely difficult for people whose native languages use the Latin writing system.
What is the most beautiful language?
And the most beautiful languages in the world are…
- FRENCH – MOST BEAUTIFUL SPOKEN LANGUAGE.
- GERMAN – MOST BEAUTIFUL SUNG LANGUAGE.
- ARABIC – MOST BEAUTIFUL WRITTEN LANGUAGE.
- ITALIAN – MOST BEAUTIFUL BODY LANGUAGE.
What’s the first language in the world?
The Tamil language is recognized as the oldest language in the world and it is the oldest language of the Dravidian family. This language had a presence even around 5,000 years ago. According to a survey, 1863 newspapers are published in the Tamil language only every day.