(i) Reversal of wind system. (ii) Uneven distribution of rainfall over the year.
What are the characteristics of the monsoon rainfall in India?
Characteristics of Monsoon in India
- ‘Monsoon’ type of climate is found in India.
- Monsoon has a tendency and phenomenon to have ‘breaks’ in rainfall.
- Thus monsoon has dry and wet spells.
- Rainless intervals intersperse the Monsoon.
- The alternation of wet and dry spells vary in duration, frequency, and intensity.
What are the two characteristics of Indian monsoon?
Characteristics Monsoon – India They are not steady winds but are pulsating innature . They vary from year to year. They have tendency to have breas in rainfall . It has wet and dry spells. …
What are the two characteristics of monsoon?
Monsoon is the seasonal reversal of wind. India has monsoon type of climate. (ii) Monsoon occurs in alteration of dry and wet spells. The intervening dry spells of monsoon is called ‘Breaks’ in monsoon.
What are the two important characteristics of the summer monsoon rainfall?
(i) The monsoon rainfall in India is unevenly spread and sporadic. Thus places like the western Ghats receive heavy rainfall of more than 200 cm whereas the desert regions of Rajasthan receive scanty rainfall of less 50 cm a year. (ii) Monsoon rainfall in India is orographic in nature.
What are three characteristics of monsoon?
Characteristics of the monsoon rainfall in India:
- They are not steady winds but are pulsating in nature . They vary from year to year.
- They have tendency to have breas in rainfall .
- It has wet and dry spells. … The monsoons are known for their uncertainties. …
- The monsoons are unevenly distributed.
What are the main characteristics of monsoon?
Characteristics of monsoon
- Monsoon is the seasonal reversal of wind especially seen in the tropical regions of Earth.
- Monsoons are the heavy rains during the rainy season, usually from June to September. …
- There are large scale sea or ocean breezes during the monsoons.
- The monsoons usually arrive after the summer season.
What are characteristics features of Indian rainfall?
Features of Rainfall in India
- Rainfall in India mainly occurs in the months of July, August and September.
- The Indian rains are chiefly orographic in nature. …
- Only a scant amount of rainfall is received from cyclones and convectional rainfall.
- Monsoon in India is irregular, not well distributed and unpredictable.
What are the four characteristics of Indian monsoon?
India has monsoon type of climate. (ii) Monsoon occurs in alteration of dry and wet spells. The intervening dry spells of monsoon is called ‘Breaks’ in monsoon. (iii) There is variation in intensity, frequency and duration of monsoon.
What are the three characteristics of Indian Constitution?
(1) It guards our national interests. (2) It defines the nature of a country’s political system. (3) It plays a crucial role in democratic societies towards the achievement of desired goals. (4) It ensures that minority groups are not deprived of the benefits available to the minority group.