Which is the longest platform in India?
Longest railway platforms
- Hubli Junction railway station, Karnataka , India :1,505 m (4,938 ft)
- Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India:1,366.33 m (4,483 ft)
- Kollam Junction, Kerala, India:1,180.5 m (3,873 ft)
- Kharagpur Junction, West Bengal, India: 1,072.5 m (3,519 ft)
- Pilibhit Junction, Uttar Pradesh India 900 m (2,953 ft)
Which is the longest platform in world?
The Longest Railway Platforms In The World
|1||Gorakhpur railway station||4,483 ft|
|2||Kollam Junction||3,873 ft|
|4||State Street subway||3,501 ft|
Which station has most platforms in India?
Here is a list of Railway stations of India with highest number of platforms.
- Howrah Junction – 23 Platforms. …
- Sealdah Railway Station – 20 Platforms. …
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus – 18 Platforms. …
- New Delhi Railway Station – 16 Platforms. …
- Chennai Central – 15 Platforms.
Which zone is the smallest in Indian Railways?
north east is the smallest railway zone in india.
Which is the second largest platform in India?
2nd Longest Platform In India – Kollam Junction Railway Station.
Which is world largest railway station?
Nagoya Station, Nagoya, Japan
Japan’s Nagoya Station is the world’s largest station in terms of floor area, which according to some sources stands at an astonishing 446,000m². It is the headquarters of the Central Japan Railway Company (JR Central), which has two towers that run atop of the station.
Which is biggest junction in India?
Mathura junction is the largest railway junction in India, with as many as 7 routes emerging from this station. Mathura junction also has 10 platforms, with connectivity to all major cities of India.
Which is the fastest train in India?
As of 2021, the fastest train of India is Vande Bharat Express with a top speed of 180 km/h (110 mph) which it attained during a trial run. While the fastest operating train is Gatimaan Express with a top operating speed of 160 km/h (99 mph).
Which is longest railway platform?
The platform at Kharagpur Station, West Bengal, India, measures 1,072 m (3,517 ft) in length.
Which is the biggest railway station in Asia?
Currently, the largest passenger transport railway station in Asia is Beijing West Railway Station, covering 5,10,000 square meters, which began operation in 1996.
Which is the cleanest railway station in India?
List of cleanest railway stations in India
|Swachh Rail, Swachh Bharat|
|Jaipur Railway Station|
|Top Cleanest Railway Station|